Accounting Manager at LawnStarter
Responsible for providing technical accounting (US GAAP) guidance and advisory for various transactions across the organization. Support Head of Finance in developing and maintaining accounting policies for the company in ensuring properly passing audit. Lead the company on implementation of new and upcoming accounting standards. Overseeing and directing the accounting function on a daily basis. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial packages and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies.
As the team’s Accounting Manager, you will be involved in a range of initiatives that will support our Accounting and Finance department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of our general ledger and reporting system, producing appropriate reporting for internal and external purposes, including GAAP and non-GAAP requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely month-end and year-end close process, including preparing any necessary closing journal entries for approval by the Head of Finance.
- Review all Bank and credit card expenditures and employee expense reporting for accuracy and appropriateness prior to release.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of periodic account reconciliations and financial activity, including cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, property, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities.
- Responsible for the Review of the recognition of Revenue based on ASC-606 standards
- Lead in all Stock Based compensation calculations
- Lead Actual vs Budget Analysis
- Compile various variance analysis as part of the monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process
- Lead in the successful completion of year end audits
- Support Head of Finance with special projects and operational improvements, such as a future general ledger/ERP proposal and implementation process.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA is preferable but not required).
- 6-8+ years of accounting-related experience (Preferably some public and some private experience, with increased responsibility, and a history of people management)
- Experience in technical accounting and performing high-level financial analysis.
- Proven ability to analyze a wide scope of data and financial information, identify trends and opportunities, and effectively communicate interpretations and recommendations.
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Supporting self-care – We have unlimited vacation policy and will nudge you to utilize it to care for yourself. We will operate together to ensure you have the support you need.
Supporting career growth – We actively invest in this area by carving a budget for training and skills development you seek.
Healthcare benefits – Medical, dental, vision and 401k (with match)
Fully remote position – Work remotely from anywhere you want.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!