Accounting Manager at Possible Finance
US, Asia and Latin America-Remote
Possible is a venture-backed consumer fintech company that radically reinvented small-dollar loans to make them more affordable and sustainable to help everyone improve their financial health. Building on that success, Possible is adding two additional product categories in our pursuit of making financial services more fair and affordable.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing Company and glean invaluable accounting experience as the function evolves. The individual hired will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and work closely with the Senior Accountant as well as the CFO, Finance team, and other internal partners like Data Science, Product, and Engineering. As the Accounting Manager, you will serve as a subject matter expert and autonomously tackle complex accounting issues. To do so, the ability to both research and apply relevant guidance is critical. You will add analytical rigor and iterate upon the monthly close processes, ad hoc financial accounting projects, and annual audit preparation. The accounting department is still in its infancy, so the individual hired will have a large impact on its evolution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own and iterate upon existing technical accounting sections. Conduct research and implement processes for new revenue streams and unique transactions. Draft technical accounting memos and process documents for both new and existing sections.
- Assist in the processing and continuous improvement of both operational and financial accounting. Work with multiple departments throughout the Company to find resolutions to gaps in current records, which can involve dealing with large and complex datasets. As it applies to close, book and review closing entries, own pre-existing close sections, develop new processes to make monthly close more accurate, perform monthly variance analysis, and create an improved monthly financial package for stakeholders. Learn and act as a backup for weekly AP processing, credit card spend review and GL categorization.
- Prepare for the annual financial statement audit by way of creating schedules and sub-ledgers, reconciliations, and reviewing GL line items. Serve as a key point of contact during the audit and demonstrate resourcefulness in response to their inquiries.
- Act as a collaborative business partner within the accounting and finance department as well as to other internal and external stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience. CPA required. Public accounting background required. In-house accounting experience preferred. Exposure to lending and Fintech preferred.
- Deep understanding of technical accounting research and application with the proven ability to take a problem and apply the appropriate accounting methodologies. Robust understanding of internal controls.
- Consistent with the Finance organization’s values, this individual must possess the following: intellectual honesty, attention to detail, methodical thinking, and resourcefulness.
- Self-starter and problem solver who is willing to learn and can handle ambiguous tasks. An effective organizer and strong project planner who can design and execute upon a workstream with multiple stakeholders and dependencies.
- Excel expert. Familiarity with Tableau and Alteryx preferred. Strong written and oral communication skills to facilitate working in a fully remote environment.
We are a fast-growing, fully distributed, fintech startup that believes financial health is something everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering the underserved with tools to better their economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for creating positive change. Possible is backed by leading investors such as Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, and FJ Labs.
Possible is fully distributed and has team members across the US and in Asia and Latin America. Our primary coordination hours are 9a to 3p Pacific Time.
Benefits (for US-based employees):
- Joining an early-stage, venture-backed company does not mean you will sacrifice on benefits. We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage and pay 85% of employee premiums and 50% of eligible dependent premiums. We also offer childcare and healthcare FSAs; life and disability (short- and long-term) insurance; an Employee Assistant Program; and a 401(k) plan.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!