Accounting Clerk at Cheryl Jefferson & Associates
Accounting Clerk (Part-Time) Hiring Immediately!
- Part-Time in Remote OK – Associate
Cheryl Jefferson & Associates LLC (CJA) is looking for two (2) part-time Accounting Clerks with proven experience in this role to join our team!
Are you energetic, reliable, and eager to assist? Our highly collaborative team environment is fast pace and provides quality service to our customers. You will perform tasks such as data entry, bookkeeping, reconciliations, and documented accounting research. If you enjoy customer interaction, working independently, and you are not afraid of taking risks, within the parameters of the Accounting Clerk role, this may be the position for you! Our CPA firm performs accounting services for small nonpublic companies, in a variety of science, engineering and technology industries.
We are a small, 100% virtual CPA firm with clients and professionals across the US.
We pride ourselves in being as tech-savvy as CPA firms go. We make use of the latest technology to advise and train clients, monitor projects, and keep the entire team involved in on-time delivery of results.
We are results-driven, with the majority of our projects structured as a fixed price.
We also believe in a work-life balance to ensure our team is always excited and engaged in the next big client crisis. Paid holidays, PTO, and employer-paid health reimbursement account are a few of the benefits we offer.
Why do our clients love us? Because we understand their unique businesses, are proactive problem solvers, and overcome challenges to deliver on time.
- Taking ownership and perform data entry of timesheets, payroll, invoices, AP, and P&E into accounting
- Reconciling and analyzing the balances of various accounts
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents, excel schedules and records
- Entering journal entries and reviewing trial balance for accuracy
- Research, track and resolve accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Providing assistance and support to firm personnel as needed
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills
- A proven ability to handle competing deadlines and alert supervisors to bottlenecks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized with digital files
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Comfortable learning new software applications
- Ability to work through issues or problems
- Ability to work with clients and staff
- Must have high emotional intelligence, be calm under pressure, and efficient in both team and individual environments
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Education: Some college coursework completed (to include at least 1-2 accounting courses) OR high school diploma w/4 years of accounting clerk experience.
- 2 years’ experience performing data entry, reconciling accounts and basic accounting procedures.
- 2 years of recent work experience with QuickBooks including exporting data, running reports and data entry. There will be a demonstration assessment.
- Experience with digital collaboration tools such as Asana, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Teams.
This is a REMOTE position
- Work may be done from a dedicated home office or a virtual office location with reliable internet, physically within the continental US (work may NOT be performed in a public space or outside of the US).
- Work hours are 8AM – 12PM or 1PM – 5PM EST, Monday through Friday.
- You must be available for phone calls, instant messaging and video conferencing during work hours.
- Required technology includes: (1) 15-inch screen (min.) laptop or PC with windows 10, (2) 20-inch monitor or larger, (3) minimum internet speed of 25Mbps, and (4) a smartphone.
- You are expected to be tech-savvy, have the ability to figure out most apps, can follow “Help” and be willing to Google or YouTube anything else.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!