Accounting Assistant at Gruntwork.io
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for entering financial information and organizing backup. The ideal candidate holds a B.S. in Accounting (or relevant degree), has strong attention to detail, and experience with Quickbooks. This is a contractor position. We envision this will be approx. 5 hours per week, with some fluctuations from week to week. The position is paid at an hourly rate. You will be part of the finance team of a growing tech company.
- Assist in the day to day entry of payables, employee expenses, and credit card transactions in Quickbooks.
- Assist with preparation of month end reports.
- Assist with the establishment, documentation and continuous improvement of all financial processes and workflows.
- Assist in the collections of Accounts Receivable.
- Maintains accounting controls.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and Quickbooks.
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, time management
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.