Accounting and Treasury Director at Young Presidents' Organization - YPO
Accounting and Treasury Director
- Job ID: 2021-2015
- Job Location: US
Responsible for all accounting, investments, banking, purchase order, global payments, and contract processing for YPO. Sets the strategic direction for accounting and treasury support.
- Acts as an advisor to the management organization and senior leadership team on corporate strategic initiatives, accounting, banking, contract processes, and global payments.
- Partners with the CFO and Finance Director on all aspects of financial controls, processes, and compliance.
- Leads a high-performing virtual team accountable for four distinct areas: accounting, banking, contract process, and tax.
- Oversees accurate and timely financial and tax reporting for the organization.
- Safeguards the organization through compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Safeguards the organization through compliance with various tax and compliance requirements.
- Oversees global banking and investment relationships.
- Oversees the credit card processing relationship.
- Maximizes returns and limit risks by managing cash and investment balances daily.
- Provides financial leadership, guidance, and coaching to departments across YPO.
- Authorized representative for accurate payment processing on behalf of the organization.
- Reviews and approve all contracts executed by the organization <$50,000.
- Oversees the contracting process for the organization.
- Oversees the financial systems of the organization.
- Safeguards the organization through leadership and guidance of the finance team members to understand and adhere to the board-approved Policies and Procedures.
- Works with the CFO and Finance Committee as required.
- Leadership skills and ability to connect the dots, integrate ideas, influence, partner, build consensus and foster strategic trusted adviser relationships with members and all levels of the organization.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and develop positive relationships across boundaries to align on solutions.
- Ability to quickly and continually learn (processes, technologies, content, etc….).
- Analytical and logical orientation and ability to translate financial detail into useful management information for non-financial users.
- Proven ability to write complex analytical documents and discussion papers that lead the reader to a conclusion or recommendation.
- Ability to effectively manage trade-off decisions, prioritize competing opportunities, balance member and internal stakeholder needs with business priorities, manage cross-functional expectations, and clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Ability to effectively lead, build and manage a high-performing team.
- Ability to work within ambiguity and frequently changing environment while bringing a sense of calm to the team, leading them through high priority and impactful delivery.
- Analytical with extremely high judgment, structured thinking, and problem-solving to translate financial details into useful management information for non-financial colleagues.
- Proven ability to write complex analytical documents that lead the reader to a conclusion or recommendation.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills with Expert level in Excel.
- Possess a natural curiosity and a good sense of humor.
- 15+ years progressive financial/accounting experience.
- 10+ years experience in managerial roles.
- Global financial, banking, payments, credit card, and contracting systems experience preferred.
- College Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Law (or equivalent experience).
- MBA Preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed to accommodate members and team members in multiple time zones.
- Ability to work for extended hours at a computer screen.
YPO is an equal opportunity employer. YPO takes pride in supporting a diverse workforce and demonstrates this through its policies and practices. YPO does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!