Accounting and Contracts Assistant at TSNE MissionWorks
Accounting and Contracts Assistant
- Location: United States
Blue Butterfly’s mission is to inspire children around the world to reach their full potential. We partner with producers in low- and middle-income countries to develop high-quality children’s media for education, health, and the promotion of respect and understanding across group divides. We have direct experience producing educational media for children in challenging situations throughout the world. For more information, visit bbutterfly.org.
Blue Butterfly is a fiscally-sponsored project of TSNE (tsne.org).
The Accounting & Contracts Assistant supports Blue Butterfly by managing invoice and contract processing.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with vendors regarding invoicing requirements;
- Process payment requests using the Concur system;
- Collect IRS W-9, IRS W-8 and bank information from vendors;
- Monitor invoice approval process and payment processing.
- Request invoices from TSNE Finance Office according to contractual terms;
- Monitor Aged AR reports;
- Monitor client payments.
- Monitor and coordinate contract procedures, including interfacing with clients and vendors as needed;
- Monitor contract renewal and amendment procedures;
- Monitor contractual payment terms to ensure timely invoicing.
- Prepare expense reports in Concur system on a monthly basis;
- Collect receipts and other supporting documentation.
- Assist with digital filing, scheduling, and other administrative tasks;
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time (10-15 hours/week), remote position. The schedule for this role is flexible, but it is expected that work will primarily be conducted during business hours.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Associate’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and work experience in accounting/business;
- Ability to track multiple financial and contractual documents throughout their lifecycle;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Excel and Word required;
- Experience with data entry required;
- Experience with accounting software preferred;
- Ability to abide by strict standards for maintaining private and confidential information.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!