Accountant III at SafeAuto
- UNITED STATES AND MEXICO
- FINANCIAL OPERATIONS – FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
- FULL TIME
SafeAuto has been a leading provider of affordable state minimum coverage since its founding in 1993. From humble beginnings in a small, one room office downtown to a full office building near Easton Town Center, SafeAuto has always been proud to call Columbus, Ohio home. With an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit and the idea that everybody has the right to have insurance, we’re now providing options in 28 states for drivers who are looking to save hard-earned dollars. SafeAuto offers flexible payment plans, immediate coverage, and 24/7 customer service through the phone and web. Whether you’re looking for auto, commercial, home, life, motorcycle or renters insurance, our dedicated team rides with you around the clock to ensure we are providing you the coverage that fits your needs. Our agents are available to assist you 24/7 at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288). Play it safe with SafeAuto! For more information, visit www.safeauto.com.
The Road Ahead
Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial reporting and control. This position will be expected to lead teams, work independently, handle multiple concurrent assignments, and push for results. The following duties are the types of responsibilities that the position may work on.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- You will prepare monthly tax and GAAP journal entries
- You will prepare annual GAAP & STAT financial statements in conjunction with annual external audit
- You will analyze financial information to determine financial performance
- You will identifiy trends and recommend improvements accordingly
- You will gain and maintain a detailed understanding of corporate and financial systems. Make improvement recommendations
- You will conduct special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action
- You will analyze & evaluate complex financial plans, operating records, and financial statements (including footnotes)
- You will provide interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation (SEC, NAIC, IRS, etc.) and accounting theory
- You will prepare studies, footnotes, reports, and analyses in areas such as governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and other financial projects
- You will interpret and apply corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory
- You will direct the maintenance of documentation supporting accounting policies
- You will make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies
- You will coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial results, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and fixed assets
- You will research and document/report on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements
- You will assist organization’s Controller in the development of monthly financial reporting, planning, and other corporate financial requirements
- Other related duties as assigned
- This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities, but does require leadership skills to work with and lead others in the organization in projects and completion of financial deliverables.
- Accounting or other Business degree with heavy accounting coursework
- 5-8 years’ experience with a CPA firm and/or 6 or more years’ experience with a P&C insurance company
- High competency level required with Excel
- GAAP and tax reporting experience preferable
- Knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software
- CPA certification is desired, but not required
- Great comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off and eight (8) paid holidays so you can visit your family, take a trip, or enjoy a staycation
- 401k with company match
- Rewards for great work – yearly performance-based bonuses
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing company and industry
- Work from home – spend less time in traffic, spend more time with family!
- Wellness program – Earn up to $400 per year for improving or maintaining your health and fitness. (subject to program guidelines).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!