Gineris & Associates
Provide accounting and bookkeeping services for small business clients. This position is also responsible for facilitating completion of entity tax returns.
- Complete weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual bookkeeping for real-time financial performance monitoring.
- Facilitate data, bank account, and credit card feeds.
- Process payroll as applicable and review and reconcile wage reports.
- Produce financial statements and review with partners and client.
- Facilitate and monitor tax compliance needs (sales tax, use tax, etc.) and complete appropriate filings.
- Service 25-50 small business clients.
- Facilitate and monitor tax projections and client position.
- Consult with tax professional as applicable to determine advantageous client tax moves.
- Communicate recommended tax strategies and tactics to clients.
- Help clients respond to correspondence from taxing authorities.
- Facilitate preparation of entity tax returns.
- Regularly communicate with clients.
- Complete all work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete all training required for this position.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of bookkeeping and account management experience preferred.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while performing the duties of this position.
- Demonstrate continuous quality and performance improvement.
- Use technical skills; apply knowledge to position; continually develop technical and professional skills.
- Follow security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including Xero, Xero add-ons (marketplace apps), Google Suite, cloud technologies and Zoom video-conferencing.
- Home office with computer, at least 2 monitors, web-cam, high-speed hard-wired internet, and a smartphone.
- Responsible, accountable, takes ownership and initiative.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during tax season.
- Excellent customer service and communication (interpersonal, written and presentation) skills.
- Ability to work independently and understand/carry out detailed instructions.
- Solid understanding of policies, procedures, Federal/State legislation and regulations as they impact business tax, accounting, and finance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment.
- Works as a team player collaborating to ensure individual, team, and company success.
- Positive outlook and sense of humor.
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Experience with Xero accounting software, CCH Axcess and ADP Run platform preferred.