Accountant at Cathedral Capital
Entry to mid level accountant needed for a fast-growing legal technology consulting company. Our accounting clients are usually short term and come to us because they need their books to be untangled, reconciled, and ready to pass off to a long-term bookkeeper or tax accountant for tax prep. Candidates should love problem solving and be open to creative solutions.
CathCap has a close team environment despite many working remotely. During weekly team meetings, client problems are discussed to benefit from the collective wisdom of the group. Each team member is known for their special skills and often pitch in with teammates’ clients to better meet client needs. New programs and increased opportunities for employees have grown out of these collaborations. In addition, the founder believes that her job is to support her team and is always available to answer questions, problem solve, brainstorm, or just listen.
This position has many perqs, the biggest of which is the ability to set your own schedule. All Accountants work from home and are able to schedule calls with clients, team members and CFOs at times which are mutually convenient which means that school plays, field trips, vacations, and other family obligations can be easily met. Turnover at CathCap is low, with our first CFO celebrating her 7th anniversary this fall. In addition to salary, benefits include unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K with Profit Sharing.
- Accept and code daily account entries
- Make payroll entries
- Create and maintain a Cash Flow Forecast
- Resolve various exception lists
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts and review with supervisor for month end close
- Prepare and deliver financial statements
- Answer client questions on routine matters
- Conduct ad hoc analysis for CFO
Qualifications and abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to switch from one company to another quickly and juggle multiple firms at one time
- Recognize discrepancies and errors in data and info
- Respond to work errors in a professional manner
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in Excel and Word – QuickBooks or legal practice management software a plus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and optimize the use of technology
- Four-year degree (24-30 hours of Accounting preferred)
- 1-2 years of bookkeeping experience
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $21 – $25 an hour
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!