Accountant at Matterport
- REMOTE-US /
- FINANCE /
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport will be publicly listed on NASDAQ this year. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Matterport is looking to hire a well-rounded Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for cash application and assists with other areas. The position can be remote while our headquarters are in Sunnyvale, California and reports directly to Assistant Controller.
- Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts into the ERP system; including all checks, wires, and ACH payments.
- Researches and resolves errors related to over payments, duplicate payments, or general unidentified cash receipts.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Provide timely responses to all cash application inquiries.
- Responsible for month-end cash clearing reconciliation.
- Prepare cash tracking reports for management.
- Prepare and process monthly employee reimbursements (Expensify).
- Assist other areas as needed, such as general ledger or accounts payable.
- Ad Hoc projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in cash application and general ledger.
- Prior experience with NetSuite and Zuora a plus.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Intermediate level Excel.
Matterport is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including insurance, architecture, construction, manufacturing, real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D capture.
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and provides a sense of inclusion and belonging.
For information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!