Accountant at AvantStay
Who we are…
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
We are looking for an energetic and detailed-driven staff accountant to keep our company financials precise. Successful candidates will have a natural passion for numbers, and a strong understanding of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, cash flow, and other financial transactions within an organization. This person will effectively communicate across multiple business units, while supporting the optimization of department policies and infrastructure. This role will provide you with the unique opportunity to learn from experienced finance and real estate professionals, hospitality experts, and tech builders.
What You’ll Do…
- Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, submitting journal entries and working with other cost centers to obtain relevant information
- Full cycle AP – Process including processing invoices weekly Support and collaborate with important internal stakeholders, like Operations, Real Estate, Legal, Owner Relations, People, etc.
- Answer internal accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data
- Reconcile W-9 information and review annual W-9 reports for all employees and vendors
- Support the year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews
- Coordinate and prepare monthly actual v. budget variances with department managers
- Help implement employee policies and procedures
- Assist with the weekly bank & general ledger reconciliation
- Reconcile reservation folios on a weekly basis
What You’ll Bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
- CPA (or CPA track) preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years of accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- A minimum of 1-2 years of hospitality/ real estate experience is strongly preferred
- Must be highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, autonomous, and able to drive results
- Analytical with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently as well as in a team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Perks + Benefits
- Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures, or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Always…
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!