Accountant at Transamerica
Work From Home, USA
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Job Description Summary
Performs basic accounting functions or responsibilities requiring general supervision. Utilizes general accounting and financial principles and techniques, and assists in obtaining, assembling, evaluating, interpreting, recording, and analyzing financial data. Prepares and/or assists in preparation of financial reports and performs or assists in performance of financial analysis as directed.
- Performs professional accounting work involving preparation of journal entries.
- Ensures the accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Reconciles, investigates, corrects and adjusts accounting information in accordance with aggressive deadlines.
- Explains to others how and why transactions were processed and reported.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Uses multiple financial systems and/or sophisticated reporting tools to produce a variety of analyses.
- Proactively identifies unique problems, such as reconciliation/posting issues, and seeks help to resolve, if necessary.
- Project work as needed in other multiple bases of accounting and financial reporting.
- Responsible for adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education/experience.
- Up to 2 years of experience, with degree.
- Working knowledge of accounting area preferred (for example, investments, insurance products, premium, tax).
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, customer service approach.
- Detail-oriented, accurate; work effectively individually and within a team, organizational and prioritization skills.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
- The salary for this position generally ranges between $42,500-$56,500. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
- This position is also typically eligible for an [Annual Bonus, Quarterly Bonus, Spot Bonus] based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 6%.
- Commuting Remote employees will need to report to a Company office location at times, but will perform their work primarily remotely.
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally – and feel valued for the work you do.