Account Manager, Corporate Relationships
Location: Remote, Oregon, United States
The Drupal Association serves one of the largest global open source communities – Drupal has pioneered open source for 17 years. Join our incredible, mission-driven team and make an important impact by telling compelling stories that strengthen our community, events and product marketing. We serve a diverse community – including coders, site builders, content editors, business people, themers, agency owners and more. Through conferences, webinars, marketing support and most importantly, maintaining Drupal.org, we reach many thousands of people a year in our quest to support and grow the Drupal project and Drupal as a product.
The Account Manager, Corporate Relationships position is a fundraising and development role for a candidate that is a self-starter who will advocate for our clients and tackle responsibilities with ambition and passion. The role will be responsible for strengthening current corporate partnerships and establishing new partnerships that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals and priorities of the Drupal Association.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must have strong business to business communication skills and get excited about prospecting accounts, finding the decision maker, creating a tailored value proposition and closing the sale. They will leverage their sales and technology skills to prospect corporations in order to secure and meet revenue goals for DrupalCon Event Sponsorships, Drupal.org Digital Advertising and Corporate Memberships.
We are a small team that works very hard in service to a community of diverse needs. We are not a hip agency with an instagrammable office full of dogs and live music Mondays – but we are a committed group of humans who care a lot about each other as people, and while we work really hard, we also have a LOT of fun. Our distributed team environment supports our human-first mentality – no one needs to be stuck in rush hour when you could spend that hour (or two) doing something that makes your life better.
- Prioritize creating mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders by understanding their business needs and how the Drupal Association can support those goals through our mission-driven programs, events, products, and experiences
- Collaborate in the development of proposals and benefits packages for corporate prospects, and manage proposal deadlines and submissions.
- Secure and participate in corporate partner solicitation meetings
- Identify corporate prospects and conduct research to determine interest, giving potential, and alignment to Drupal Association’s strategic goals and outcomes.
- Develop consultative strategies to engage, solicit, and steward new prospects.
- Work closely with the team to provide feedback and suggestions for new and existing programs as well as sales collateral to support development process.
- Develop a strategic approach to reach quarterly and annual goals
- Maintain high-quality stewardship process for active corporate prospects and donors. Work with support staff to ensure that benefits and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships.
- Manage all corporate giving and/or sales logistics and processes, including tracking secured and pending funding; drafting and securing signed agreements; coordinating with the support team to secure logos, tracking sponsor benefit fulfillment, acknowledgement, and payment in coordination with the finance team.
- Use Salesforce to manage accounts, contacts, pipelines, and tasks.
- Achieve greatness with a team of amazing people who are focused on building a successful Drupal Community!
Comfort with the following are key:
- Working with a global, multi-cultural community
- Demonstrated record of success in fundraising and corporate relationship development
- Experience with Digital Marketing & Advertising best practices a plus
- Working in a distributed team environment. Self-motivated in a home office environment.
- Travel up to six times per year
- Care about the people you work with and the communities you serve
This position is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Director, Revenue. We are a distributed team that can be based anywhere in the world, but must overlap a minimum of 4 work hours per day with our Portland, OR, USA core team. The Drupal Association is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color and under-represented groups.
- Starting salary of $55,000 – $75,000 depending on experience
We offer all the general benefits you would expect from a modern day non-profit, plus the benefit of working with an amazing team, in an office that’s right in your favorite neighborhood with the best commute ever (your own home office!).
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other options through our cafeteria pre-tax plan
- 401k Plan
- 24 PTO days per year (15 days of vacation and 9 sick leave) along with various holidays
- Work from home with various stipend support
- Working with a great team that cares about each other and the people we serve.
About the Drupal Association
The Drupal Association is an educational non-profit organization that tasks itself with fostering and supporting the Drupal software project, the community and its growth. Supported by both individual members and organizations, the Association uses its resources, network and funds to constantly engage in new projects and initiatives to help educate people about Drupal and support the growth of the Drupal project. The Drupal Association is committed to reflecting the diversity of the Drupal community and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.