Account Manager at ShipHawk
Title: Account Manager (SaaS / Logisitcs background)
SaaS Account Manager – with Logistic Experience
This position can be located at our Headquarters in Santa Barbara, Hybrid or fully remote within the US.
ShipHawk is the premier packing and shipping software for ERP connected companies. We work with high volume retail, wholesale and eCommerce companies that have outgrown basic shipping software.
Come join us as we transform one of the last massive old-school industries into a transparent, efficient market, benefiting both retailers and consumers. Join a startup where you can make an impact, grow your career, and have a voice.
5 Reasons Why You Want to Work with Us:
- You want to work with a team that is competent, confident, passionate, and focused on achieving big goals.
- You want to work on a product with the potential to grow into a billion dollar business, become a household name, and help millions of people.
- You want to have a voice.
- You want to be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- You want to work at a company that will provide an opportunity to get to the next level of your career.
What We’re Looking For In You:
We want the usual skill set: efficient, organized and follows through on commitments. You’re intelligent, have great analytical skills and pay attention to detail. In addition, you’re calm under pressure, have a great work ethic and communicate well.
And, more than the usual skills, we want you to push and not accept the mundane. Push for a higher standard. Be proactive. Be open to new ideas and personal feedback. Try stuff, fail and learn from it. 5% of business leaders are 20 times more efficient than 95% of business leaders. We want you to be the 5%.
About the Opportunity:
Department: Account Management
Reports to: Director of Account Management
Salary: $65,000 base + OTE
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for ensuring that their book of business with ShipHawk customers is adopting and optimizing their usage of the platform. The AM works closely with the AM Department and surrounding departments to advocate for customer needs and drive revenue through customer growth and adoption. This is accomplished through understanding customer needs, driving adoption, monitoring customer success metrics and customer satisfaction, and improving customer experience through Product initiatives, go-live, and platform training. This is done with the objective of making and retaining productive, loyal, overjoyed customers who further increase product adoption, utilization and trust in our team, product and services throughout the life of our partnership.
- Data-oriented approach to success metrics to drive customer retention and growth.
- Act as a cross-departmental resource to bring bigger-picture customer goals into the internal team structure and drive our product and teams towards the broader customer base’s overall success.
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Product, Finance, and Engineering as applicable.
- Communicate customer needs to these teams with a focus on the business impact and the real-world problems businesses face.
- Advocate customer needs in a data-focused way with a focus on the Business Impact that new requirements and needs create for our customer base.
- Provide world class customer support and education as measured by company OKRs
- Train to deeply understand our customers’ business objectives and become a trusted advisor on industry best practices
- Personally manage/product manage escalations from AM’s book of business, and follow a methodical escalation process to executives
- Present how to drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered by the customers’ investment in ShipHawk
- Perform monthly audit of all book of business customers to identify who is not on ShipHawk’s USPS referral tariff and actively work to sign them up
- Maintain segmentation of your customer portfolio as appropriate
- Work with Marketing to follow SaaS best practices for AM content, AM assigned sales collateral and customer interaction and retention materials that improve the customer experience throughout the entirety of their lifecycle.
- Build customer relationships capable of supporting Company customer reference, case study and testimonial needs
- Track and report regularly against relevant measures of customer sentiment benchmarks
- Work in all AM systems including, but not limited to, Salesforce and Service Cloud ensuring these systems are ShipHawk’s single source of truth for all CS and customer related data.
Qualifications and Distinguishing Characteristics:
- Positivity, grit, urgency, accountability and a can-do attitude, able to operate in a startup environment; able to handle interruptions, changing priorities and multiple tasks in a calm and professional manner;
- Ability to stay organized across a large number of customer accounts;
- Dedicated to Account Management, and motivated by exceeding expectations, solving tough business problems, and helping customers achieve business goals;
- Team focus – Account Management at ShipHawk is a team effort;
- Creative and critical thinker, able to act without being told what to do. Finding answers to problems independently and bringing new ideas to your team’s customer interactions;
- High technical aptitude, and ability to communicate with technical clients in their own language;
- Curious and avid learner our product is always evolving and so your technical knowledge must be too;
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and willingness to experiment;
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills;
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS account management, customer support or customer success roles;
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, communication, engineering, philosophy or business related fields required.
ShipHawk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In response to the global pandemic, ShipHawk requires all employees who work from a ShipHawk office to be fully vaccinated. ShipHawk will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
This policy does not apply to remote employees not working onsite at the ShipHawk office