REMOTE (ONLY NORTH AMERICA)
What is G2i?
G2i is a hiring platform for engineers by engineers. Our vision is for the hiring process to be simple, trustworthy and enjoyable for both companies and engineers. Our mission is to create a vetting process where:
Engineers will vet other engineers
Engineer vetting will be as close to on the job requirements as possible
The vetting process will be objective, repeatable and quantitatively scored
The process will be transparent. We will provide the engineer’s code, our code review and technical interview notes in full to our clients.
G2i is short for “Good News to the Internet.” We are convinced that our primary vision & mission are good news to companies that need to hire engineers. While we are going about fulfilling that primary vision & mission, we will also be good news to those in need. We are on mission to help hundreds of street kids in Nairobi, Kenya obtain education, a safe home, parental care, and the love they need. We are also committed to supporting the open source community by finding ways to financially support those who build the OSS we rely on.
What We’re building
In order to fulfill our mission & vision we are building a two way marketplace platform. This platform will allow companies to find prevetted engineers that can augment their teams on demand. We’re investing in features such as a quantitative manual review code process, individualized company match scores and machine learning to automate more of these processes.
Who we want to hire (Qualifications)
In simple terms we want to hire someone that understands a clients needs and can deliver remarkable service in fulfilling their needs through a sales process, as well as growing our relationships through appropriate account management practices.
- You are a strong communicator and can Identify underlying problems and provide solutions to our clients.
- You are comfortable with outbound and inbound communication.
- You feel confident in your abilities to pitch services via video chats to clients.
- You are a fantastic listener and can derive underlying needs of a client without them mentioning them.
- You have the ability to gain trust quickly with our clients so that they feel their needs are being met at all times.
- You can work independently and figure out how to solve problems in front of you.
- You are omnicompetent and can contribute while crossing contexts.
- You are well written and can write personalized outreach emails demonstrating our services and value to prospective clients.
- This role will Not involve COLD CALLING, but will involve email outreach**.**
- You are sales minded and understand that there are multiple ways to be creative and approach new business. You aren’t afraid to bring new ideas to the table.
- You will practice a habit of over communicating in public and will hold the team accountable to doing the same.
- You will have a sense of ownership over your pipeline and clients. The buck will stop with you.
- You are able to work with internal teams in a professional manner. You will work closely with our hiring fulfillment team.
- You will have a sense of urgency to your work meaning that the completion of a task is important to you.
- You will measure your success by how much value is being delivered to clients and by how much you are growing.
- You thrive in a context heavy on interpersonal interaction especially over Zoom.
- The highlight of your day will be getting a company the engineers they need to build their product. You’re happy when the client is happy.
- Previous Sales or Account Management experience preferred.
The rest of the pitch
- We are a 100% remote first company and you have the option of working remotely or moving to South Florida (near the beach).
- We work in React, Node & GraphQL and are looking forward to ReasonML. We like to stay on the bleeding edge when possible.
- We’re a startup so there’s lots of room for new ideas and growth.
- You will get to learn about and improve every part of our sales and marketing process.
- You will meet and work directly with our client’s hiring managers and CTOs large and small (from $1 billion to $1 million in valuation).
- We have a game night every 3 weeks which is a ton of fun!
- 21 Days of PTO.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Care (Gold Plan).
We are not a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a giant slow moving company. ****We’re constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You don’t want to take on any work outside of your job description/comfort zone. We’re a small company and sometimes we need all hands on deck for certain problems.