Account Executive at Accredible
At a glance:
- Job Title: Account Executive
- Primary Functions: To sell Accredible’s products & services to our potential enterprise SaaS customers.
- Compensation: Competitive Salary + full health/vision/dental insurance (USA) & 28 days PTO
- Reporting to: Head of Sales
- Location: Remote (anywhere in the USA or UK). May also work from our Berkeley office (US) or Ely/Cambridge (UK) office.
- Seniority: Intermediate/Experienced level; several years of successful SaaS experience required.
- Employment Type: Full-time
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, identity, and self-identification. We welcome parents (40% of our team have kids), teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between. We stand for equal opportunity, and we ensure equal pay.
We’re looking for our next team member!
Accredible is the leading provider of digital certificates and badges globally. We want to help both employers and employees to keep better digital records of achievements so that skills and competencies learned can easily be verified in realtime.
In the past five years we’ve built the best credentialing product in the world. Universities, associations, tech companies and others are able to create, deliver and manage tens of thousands of digital certificates and open badges with just a few clicks. Our customers include Google, Skillsoft, Marketo, Oxford University, UKAS, Intel, UC Berkeley, IEEE and 650+ others. To date we’ve delivered over 2.5 million credentials to over 3 million users.
Your role is essential to our success! You’ll be working directly with the VP of Sales to help achieve our ambitious sales targets. You’ll be joining the sales team to help continue the success and growth we have achieved over last 12 months. You will be tasked with pitching, negotiating and closing some of the biggest companies in the world who need support with their credentialing.
You won’t be doing this alone, you’ll be working directly alongside the VP of Sales and 2 other members of the sales team. You’ll have all the support and training that you need to understand our industry and the value our product can provide, as well as a dedicated sales assistant to help you with your pipeline management. We’re looking for someone who can really hit the ground running and isn’t afraid of having targets from the get go.
No cold calling – Unlike other sales roles we’ll be delivering you vetted engaged leads to optimize your output and opportunity for success. You’ll mainly be pitching over video conferencing tools but there will also be the opportunity for international travel for in person meetings and pitches.
No boiler room sales – We take a very consultative approach to our sales. Therefore it’s important for the role that you’re able to deliver insightful pitches based on strategic thinking of the clients needs and goals. You’ll largely be pitching to C-Level so you need to be able to articulate yourself and our products value at an impeccably high standard.
You’ll have a lot of decision making power, autonomy and trust. We make decisions democratically and give team members the time, resource and authority to work on what they think is most important.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, profitable startup where there are many opportunities to obtain promotions based upon merit, hard work and dedication.
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary
- 7.5% commission on sales deals. Extra bonuses on hitting target and 10% commission on all deals sold above your personal quota. Commission is uncapped.
- 28 days vacation
- Full healthcare (US only)
- Pension plan (UK only)
- Yearly retreat, all expenses paid, to hang out with the rest of the team
- Must possess all the below skills & competencies
- Must have at least 2 years SaaS experience as an AE or similar.
- Must have a proven track record for exceeding a sales quota – please highlight your achievements in your cover letter.
- Must have the right to visit the US & UK
Your skills & competencies
We are looking for you to demonstrate to us that you have these skills & competencies:
- Articulate – Able to present information and arguments clearly and convincingly so that others see us as credible and articulate.
- Presentation Skills – Has the ability to confidently deliver an engaging message, either by phone or in person, to C-level decision makers, which achieves the objectives.
- Rapport – Fun to talk to, is energizing and positive. Quickly builds relationships with prospects over the phone. Can quickly create internal advocates at target companies.
- Tech Savvy – Quickly able to understand complex technological ideas. Is able to easily communicate complex technological ideas in simple terms to prospects.
- Intelligence – Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Start-up mentality – Fixing problems outside of your usual job description if it helps the company, going the extra mile to build something and enjoying that process.
- Persuasion – Able to convince others to pursue a course of action – without coming across as pushy.
- Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Organization – Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities. Does not “drop the ball”.
- Creativity/Innovation – Generates new and innovative approaches to problems
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Team Focused – Able to make decisions based on what the team needs.
- Communication. Can communicate and work well with internal organization (team) and external organization (prospects)
- Excellent written & spoken communication: spelling/grammar. Professional, friendly tone.
- Proactive. Thinks “outside the box” and does not need direction to find strategic ways to make the sales system better.
- Trust & integrity. Does what is right, doesn’t cut corners that aren’t ethical and is open about their work.
- Team Player. Works well with other team members through collaborative efforts.
- Positive and Resilient. Takes constructive feedback well to further improve their work, while also being able to handle difficult customers (turn a bad situation into a positive experience).
Location: Remote (anywhere in the USA or UK)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!