Are you known around your circle as a highly motivated individual with the ability to build rapport and make friends quickly? Are you proactive, highly motivated and passionate about making an impact? Looking to help drive an established, exciting, fast-paced software company to the next level?
About the Position of Account Executive:
We’re looking for Account Executives that are achievement-oriented, want to help customers meet their goals, and grow quickly with our rapidly expanding enterprise SaaS company. In this position, you will own the mid-market to enterprise-level sales process from qualified to customer, in a fast-paced environment with some of the best customers a sales team could ask for.
In joining our established, profitable and rapidly growing local government SaaS company you will need to become immersed in the short term vacation rental phenomenon so you can quickly talk to its challenges to industry leaders across North America. Your proficiency in helping to analyze customer situations and get to know needs will help establish trust and rapport required to provide advice on recommended changes and possible new services that might be needed.
We’re a small but hard-working team that has processes and product-market fit locked down so you can focus on what you’re good at – creating relationships with key customers. This is a 100% remote position, with travel opportunities to visit potential customers and for conferences across the US.
- Deliver sales results based on company goals
- Manage the sales pipeline from lead generation to qualified opportunity to close
- Present, analyze, forecast, and report on the current funnel and closed opportunities
- Manage and report on all aspects of sales in your territory including; activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Understand and document local legislature and needs
- Work with marketing and SDR team on key initiatives
- Teach customers about market trends, challenges and issues they did not know existed, and share best practices to develop new sales opportunities
- Work to uncover customer goals, challenges and desired outcomes to understand their business and engineer creative solutions
- Build and deliver engaging custom presentations to groups ranging from 1-20 people
- Cultivate relationships and navigate buying centers both horizontally and vertically through communications and conducting follow-up communications
- Develop comprehensive sales strategy and business plans to target key accounts, develop association partnership, and exceed sales goals
- Support management team in developing sales strategy and creating efficiencies across revenue operations
- Use Salesforce.com to track sales activity, notes, and key sales information, manage opportunities through stages of the sales process
- Write and present quarterly goals and accomplishments to Sales Management, Senior Management, and peers
- Travel to and participate in selected industry activities, organizations/associations, and trade shows as needed
Key characteristics and skill for success in the role:
- 3+ years experience SaaS account executive experience, preferably with a field sales component
- Confident, driven, and competitive
- You have demonstrated initiative above and beyond the traditional sales role
- You have experience working with opportunities ranging from $5,000 to $105,000
- Great active listener and communicator
- Detail and process-oriented
- Goal and achievement-focused
- Ability to build rapport and long-term relationships quickly
- A team player who can function as an individual when needed
- Experience in managing funnel, presenting complicated software solutions in easy to understand manner in-person and remotely, sales KPI management and goal reporting
- Experience in territory management, roadshow and conference handling
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment
Bonus Points For:
- 1+ Remote work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma (Sales or Marketing preferred, also accepting part-time students in similar programs)
- Experience in selling to local government city administrators, finance directors, planning directors, code enforcement directors
- Experience solving problems with technology outside of a traditional sales function
- Experience with Salesforce, MapAnything for Salesloft, Salesloft, RingCentral Phone, RingCentral Meetings, Google Docs, Task management software is highly desired
As a true meritocracy we do not have any particular requirements as it relates to prior work experience or physical location. That said, we care a lot about innate skills, attitudes and work-ethic. Our hiring process reflect this, and to find the perfect candidate we will test every candidate on the actual skills required to do the job successfully. Each test will require some time commitment from you, and we will only ask you to do additional tests if you pass the prior tests. This way we won’t waste your time, while making sure that you are the perfect match for the job.
Who are we:
Host Compliance is a privately held tech company born in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley but with employees all over North America (and the world). Our vision is a world in which the sharing economy works for everyone. We seek to contribute to this by being the leading independent and trusted third party that local governments can turn to for data, software tools and impartial advice on how to adopt and enforce Airbnb-style short-term rental related local rules that best serve the needs of all constituents in their communities. You can learn more about us from these new stories in the Wall Street Journal, CNN and Fox News.
The team behind Host Compliance consist of an experienced group of data scientists, engineers and business people with backgrounds from Caltech, Harvard and McKinsey. The company is profitable and since launching out of Stealth mode in Q2 2016, it has grown extremely rapidly.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location: US Locations Only