Account Executive at Betterment
Betterment HQ – New York City
Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment at Work is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking an ambitious Account Executive to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for selling and leading the sales process from start to finish. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits. This position focuses on generating new business from companies who will be migrating off their current 401K provider to Betterment.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $65,000-$75,000 + Commission
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering with employer match as well as flexible PTO policy. This job is eligible for variable compensation in the form of a commission bonus.
A day in the life
- Reach out to prospective clients and try and acquire new customers for Betterment
- Make daily calls and emails to book new meetings
- Conduct discovery and online demonstration calls
- Support small business owners with setting their employees up for success with their retirement plans
- Meet and exceed revenue goals
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce
- Provide voice of the client and industry to marketing and product management to drive roadmaps
What we’re looking for
- Experience with working with customers, ideally a quota and revenue generating environment- previous outbound sales experience necessary
- Curiosity and interest for financial products and retirement planning
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets and building pipeline
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to apply those skills to improve selling outcome
- Experience with sales technology stack- Outreach, Salesforce- a plus
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people’s lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselvesand we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we’re at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
CPRA Data Privacy Notice – CA candidates only
We collect and store personal information for the purposes of candidate tracking (for this role and future opportunities). The information you provide in the course of completing your application will be kept for up to 24 months. We use tools provided by third-party service providers but do not share candidate information for any purpose other than for recruiting. To access the data that is collected, request deletion or to make updates to your candidate profile, please email email@example.com.
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly. Betterment requires anyone working in or visiting our workplaces to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to the in office requirement may be available to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for religious or medical reasons.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more