Account Director, Business Development at Forum One
Account Director, Business Development
Forum One is expanding our sales team in the digital communications and internet technology space. We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Director, Business Development who can contribute to growing the business and understand customer needs.
Forum One’s Account Director, Business Development is a member of the Business Development team responsible for developing new business and upselling and expanding existing accounts, identifying and articulating a sales strategy, delivering effective presentations, and advising our high-profile clients around digital strategy and implementation for organizations who make an impact in the world.
To be successful in this role, we expect the candidate to have strong, verifiable relationships in the industry and within target organizations and demonstrated success in a virtual and in-person environment. Business Development is a team effort at Forum One. With you opening doors and getting the conversations started, our mature BD operations team is ready to assist with solutions architecture and proposal development.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a targeted business development plan which will generate a long-term pipeline to achieve annual revenue goals
- Systematically cultivate new leads, convert leads to qualified opportunities, upsell existing accounts, and close deals for all of Forum One’s digital service offerings.
- Conduct outbound outreach to target organizations and target individuals in the form of networking events, meetings, email, calling.
- Identify opportunities where Forum One solutions solve prospect’s needs through understanding and experience with organizations who work with issues of importance. In particular, experience with groups who work in Forum One’s target sectors is relevant: Global Health, Education Policy, Environment, Health Care and Health Policy, and International Development.
- Lead and coordinate solution architects, Business Development Operations team members and service team members as relevant, to develop solutions in response to prospective clients’ needs as expressed by the client in RFPs, discovery calls, Q&A sessions, etc.
- Lead teams that develop and deliver polished proposals, pricing estimates and presentations on short notice to potential clients in the public and private sectors.
- Work closely with Marketing to align on campaign messaging, marketing collateral and marketing strategies.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 to 5 years of sales/account experience with an annual net new revenue target, and demonstrated evidence of meeting or exceeding those targets
- Sales or Account experience with a professional services firm or agency, digital services agency or consultancy
- Sales or Account experience winning work with enterprise size ($50M+) nonprofit organizations and government agencies
- Previous experience in delivery role (strategic, project management, design, or technical) providing digital solutions to clients
Why you’ll love it here:
- Competitive Salary & Employee Ownership Plan
- 401(k) match, Commuter benefits & flexible spending accounts
- 15 Vacation days, in addition to Sick Leave & Floating Holidays
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Company-provided laptops
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
What we value:
- We’re passionate about our work – our clients’ missions matter, and we apply our passion in support of clients who are addressing the most critical global issues.
- We’re great partners – we’re collaborative, approachable, creative, inclusive, and reliable.
- We’re continuous learners – we are always expanding, refining, and improving our craft, value, and impact—as individuals and as a team.
- We’re inquisitive problem solvers – we’re dedicated to finding the right solution, which requires actively engaging varied perspectives, and approaching our work with flexibility, humility, and open minds.
- We get things done – we are thoughtful and thorough, but we don’t waste time or hesitate to tackle problems head on.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!