Education Content Developer/Instructor at Guidewire
Education Content Developer/Instructor
- UNITED STATES – REMOTE
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES /
Love helping others master leading-edge technology?
Skilled at explaining complex concepts in simple, engaging ways
We need an experienced Content Developer/Instructor who is passionate about learning and adept at mastering new technology, including our Guidewire products and supporting partner technologies. You will use your knowledge, skills, and experience to build engaging technical training content that supports rapid-release product launches for industry-leading enterprise software. You will leverage these strengths to effectively deliver content in the classroom, ensuring that learning is meaningful and engaging.
In this role, you will collaborate with your co-workers in Education Services, product development, product management, and field consultants (SMEs) to inject context and value into our training materials. You will design lab exercises that reinforce skills and make training more sticky. You will build product demonstration videos to support e-learning. You have an eye for detail but know how to avoid gold-plating. These skills help you deliver an exceptional training experience in the classroom that results in high learner satisfaction and enablement. Ultimately, you love helping learners learn – quickly, creatively, and competently.
The Education Services team is growing to keep pace with Guidewire’s digital transformation. We design, develop, and maintain content that teaches our customers, partners, employees, and third parties how to implement and integrate our highly configurable products. We also build certifications that validate competency to improve implementation efficiency and quality. Our training is often the first time the customer’s project team sees the Guidewire products that they will be implementing. Your work will help elevate their first impression of Guidewire, our products, and the value they unlock. More importantly, your content and delivery style will help learners deepen their knowledge, improve their competency, and increase their confidence with Guidewire products. To learn more about Guidewire Education, visit education.guidewire.com.
- Design, develop, and maintain single-source training content for varied delivery approaches, including ILT, e-learning, and exams
- Prioritize learning objectives to deliver the most critical content shortly after the product release date
- Build lab exercises, virtual machine environments, and training data to support hands-on learning
- Resolve issues/defects in the content, as needed, in a timely manner
- Demonstrate mastery of the technical functionality and roles that you will support
- Gather and analyze learning requirements for key personas
- Design, develop, and maintain courseware and class development environments
- Recommend and deploy improvements to your work, team processes, and department standards
- Prepare tools, presentations, examples, evaluations, exams, labs, and simulations to teach product features and functionality that enable technical competency
- Build and maintain good working relationships with engineers, product managers, technical writers, field consultants, instructors, and other Education team members
- Prioritize learning objectives based on need; comfortable saying “no” to lower priority or conflicting learning objectives
- Willing to teach up to 20 learners, particularly early versions of your content that may not be fully completed
- Adept observer who can quickly incorporate lessons learned from the classroom back into the training materials
- Experience estimating and owning course development project activities from beginning to end
- Experience with Articulate 360, Camtasia, uPerform, or similar e-learning development tools
- High technical aptitude with a proven ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and distill technical information into meaningful, consumable learning bites
- Mastery of tools, principles, and best practices for developing technical training course materials
- Able to develop engaging graphic-based content that goes beyond simple bullet point lists
- Efficient at building effective exam questions using certification best practices
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of continuous improvement in the work you do and the deliverables you create
- Willingness to give and get constructive feedback
- A flexible, enthusiastic, collaborative work style
- Public speaking experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with both general and technical writing experience (samples required)
Required skills and experience in these areas:
- Relational databases
- Object oriented programming
- XML-based software configuration
- Experience documenting microservices
- Modern software IDEs, including basic debugging tools
- Business analysis and testing
- Desired skills and experience in any of these areas:
- Guidewire products
- Integration technologies such as REST and JSON-RPC
- Virtualization technologies
- Amazon AWS or other cloud infrastructure knowledge
- Salesforce/Salesforce Financial Services Cloud development
- Scrum/Agile practices, ideally with content development
- Verifiable experience as an instructor or facilitator for adult learning
- Business proficiency in Spanish, French, Italian, German, or Japanese
Our Mission and Values
At Guidewire, we are passionately focused on customer success. Our Professional Services provides distinguished services to customers, prospects, employees, partners, and third-party vendors to accelerate the value delivered during implementation. When you talk to our team members, you’ll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We’re proud of what we build and how we build it together.
Guidewire lives and operates by three basic principles, the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded. They remain at the heart of all we do today:
Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We make decisions based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We work to build quality products and seek ways to constantly improve.
Collegiality. We work together as professional equals with minimal hierarchy. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We trust people to work as professionals with forethought and purpose.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!