4-5 Teacher at ACCEL Schools
Virtual 4-5 Teacher
ACCEL Schools is seeking highly-qualified 4th and 5th Teachers dedicated to providing a superior education for all students in our upcoming 2020-2021 school year! We are seeking teachers who are excited to create a rigorous and nurturing classroom environment that prioritizes student learning and social-emotional development.
With a network of 50 charter schools and growing, ACCEL Schools employs a diverse staff of passionate administrators and educators who value research-based practices and a desire to grow as professionals. We work tirelessly to raise student achievement, regardless of historical barriers, while committed to
- Serve as the teacher of record and primary instructor in all core content areas.
- Relentlessly work to meet all goals related to student achievement and culture as well as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) goals.
- Deliver highly effective daily lessons based on student need, rooted in research-based instructional practices.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Utilize research-based best practices in daily planning and classroom instruction.
- Create a joyful, caring, and loving classroom environment for all students.
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching practices into daily lessons and interactions with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Implement school-wide culture expectations and norms, inside the classroom and beyond.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding the academic and social-emotional growth of their child.
- Incorporate 21st century technology skills into daily classroom practice and team settings.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of non-instructional activities such as social events and field trips
- Collaborate and communicate effectively, humbly, and respectfully with all colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current state teaching license in appropriate content area
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards
- Preferred two years’ experience teaching
- High level of comfort working in a growth-focused coaching environment based on frequent observations, debriefs, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Ability to properly manage confidential information
- Ability to stand for up to 90 minutes at a time
- Ability to supervise students in all school settings, including in a classroom, on playground or in another play setting, in a meal room, and/or transitioning between any of these settings
- Ability to pass federal and state criminal background checks
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!