2nd Vice President, Actuary at Protective Life Corporation
2nd Vice President / Life Product Actuary – Protection Division
- Actuarial | 2NDVI03853
- Work From Home-Recruiting
Protective Life Corporation, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is a life insurance company founded in 1907; with subsidiaries that provide financial services through the production, distribution and administration of a diverse array of insurance and investment products. We are looking to add a 2VP, Life Product Actuary to our Protection Product Development Team.
This person will join a team of actuaries and analysts that provide financial and actuarial analysis on behalf of Protective’s Protection division. This position will have interaction with other teams within the department and division.
The qualities that we are looking for in a candidate include:
- Hard working and proactive
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- High degree of business and financial acumen, broad life product expertise
- Advanced level financial modeling skills, and expertise in MG-ALFA
- Experience leading Life pricing projects from development through implementation
- Accountable and results-oriented
- Ability to independently lead cross-functional projects and delegate effectively
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Proven management skills and leadership attributes
- An ongoing focus on self-development and strives to continuously learn and grow
Job Duties Include:
- Lead the pricing and development of life insurance products (primarily Universal Life, but also other products and features) in accord with the company’s financial goals, marketing objectives and risk appetite.
- Lead the modeling and analysis of product cash flows and associated risks in MG-ALFA.
- Ensure adequate internal model controls, and suitable documentation of results and processes.
- Present findings to management and business leaders in a manner that helps drive business decisions.
- Help direct Competitive Intel team in providing appropriate data and information to optimally support product work.
- Lead ad hoc projects supporting departmental responsibilities (e.g. product implementation, legal and filing support, in force management and compliance, systems support, marketing and sales support, reinsurance support, etc.)
- Demonstrating high levels of integrity and adhering to Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Managing junior to mid-level employees and helping to foster a collaborative work environment focused on professional growth.
- BA/BS Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or related major.
- Attainment of Fellowship of the Society of Actuaries, and active compliant Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- 5+ years of relevant actuarial work experience in Life Pricing or a closely related function.
- Excellent technical (especially financial modeling) and communication / presentation skills.
- Proven leadership skills, management experience preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!