24 hour Trip Disruption Senior Travel Counselor – (190000OR)
Responsible for the successful completion of travel arrangements by providing proactive trip monitoring and re-accommodations through GDS systems and/or online self-booking system, within CWT and client guidelines for multiple clients, meeting the standards of excellent customer service.
- Service clients that have subscribed to CWT Trip Disruption service.
- Creates domestic and international travel arrangements for clients to include air, hotel, and ground transportation. International travel arrangements should comprise 50% of total bookings.
- Use available sources such as TSS, State Department web sites, news agencies, etc. to stay informed of current international affairs.
- Advises clients of international travel requirements such as visas, passports, immunizations, etc.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of international pricing rules and procedures.
- Supports one or more accounts.
- Operates within general procedures with supervised results.
- Interacts with traveler (VIP and non-VIP), travel arranger, and travel manager. Provides 1st level of support for customer service and technical issues.
- Utilizes CWT preferred vendors to maximize profit, and ensures compliance with the clients’ travel policy.
- Adheres to CWT standards in delivering customer service including telephone etiquette, and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedures.
- Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in building Passenger Name Records, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
- Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Supports other revenue generating activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Modifies, exchanges, creates new domestic and international reservations for clients to include air, hotel, and ground transportation created within an on-line booking system or off-line.
- Ability to work in 24/7 environment to provide proactive trip monitoring and assist travelers who subscribe to the service with re-accommodation of air, hotel & ground transportation.
- Records all interactions utilizing a tracking system.
- Proficiency in a minimum of 2 CRS’s.
- Proficiency with Power Turbo and Power Express Desktops.
- Proactively responds to subscribed traveler’s disruption notifications received via a group email box or on-line dashboard tool for domestic and international travel itineraries.
- Travel industry experience is essential
- Sound knowledge of GDS
- Good levels of numeracy and analytical ability
- Change management skills
- Capable of making sound judgment
- Rigorous, well organized, self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Avaya telephone platform
- Good command of MS Office
Primary Location: United States
Work from home: Yes
Employment type: Standard
Job Family: Travel Counselor
Organization: Traveler Services
Experience Level: 3 to 5 years
As an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class